Rapper Chynna Rogers’ cause of death has been revealed.
A representative from the Philadelphia Department of Public Health confirmed to Fox News that the 25-year-old died from an accidental drug overdose.
The musician and model, whose stage name was Chynna, died on Wednesday at her Philadelphia home, her manager John Miller previously confirmed in a statement.
“Chynna was deeply loved and will be sorely missed,” the young rapper’s family shared in a statement.
In an interview with Pitchfork magazine, published in early January 2018, the musician spoke openly about her drug addiction.
“I usually don’t express myself or get open about things until it’s in hindsight, and I’m not dealing with it anymore. That’s why I didn’t tell people that I was a drug addict until I got out of rehab,” Rogers said at the time. “I see a lot of artists decide they want to go through s–t with their fans, and that’s cool because it gives your fans something to hold onto. But I need to handle it myself first, and then, when I’ve figured out how I want to word it, we can talk about it — y’all not about to go through it with me.”