Study Found That Having A Younger Sister Can Make You Gain Weight
If you currently don’t have your dream body, then there is one person to blame. No, it’s not you. No, it’s not the cute pizza delivery guy. It’s your younger sister!
As confusing as this sounds, it’s actually backed up by science. Recently a study was done on 13,406 pairs of Swedish sisters born between 1991 and 2009 that concluded first-borns have a greater body mass index and are more likely to become overweight. The study also showed that older sisters were slightly lighter than their younger sisters at birth. But later, as they grew older and expected children of their own, they had a 2.4% higher BMI.
The study also found that older sisters were 29% more likely to become overweight, and 40% more likely to become obese.
There are some theories as to why this is the case. One of them is scientific: The blood vessels that supply nutrients for the fetus seem to be slightly thinner in cases of first pregnancies. So there is a possible reduction of nutrients causing the individual to be at risk of storing more fat do balance it out.
>>> 80 Sister Quotes From Funny to Meaningful
Another theory is cultural and states that mothers are more likely to overfeed their first-born child than their younger ones. And this eating habit could stick throughout their whole lives.
Interesting points were made. So the next time you feel like you’ve gained some weight, just put all of the blame on your younger sister and let her pay for your GYM membership.
People also read:
Let these funny sister quotes be ones that you share with your sister to bring a smile to her face.
While these words are humorous you will also find wisdom in them. Send them to your sister not only to bring a smile but also to add a positive thought to her day by letting her know you are thinking of her.
- “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” Charlotte Gray
- Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five. Pam Brown
- “You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories.” Deborah Moggach
- “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.” Linda Sunshine
- You my sister are always there for me, and on your birthday I just want to say thank you! Kate Summers