Beauty influencer Ethan Is Supreme apparently died of a suspected drug overdose. The social media star – real name Ethan Peters – was just 17.
Since his death, his best friend Ava Louise has been speaking out about addiction.
Ethan’s father Gerald says he found his son dead in his bedroom at around 11am on Sunday and that he believes he died of a drug overdose.
Instagram influencer Ava took to Twitter with a string of passionate posts, urging those who need help to get it.
Sharing a stunning picture of herself and Ethan together, she wrote: “My best friend in the entire world, my twin flame…..the only person there for me when I had no one. I love you Ethan, I am at a loss for words. I wish I knew how bad it was. I know what you’d want me to say to the Internet rn but I’m to heartbroken to say it. Rip.”
Ava, who also has a big social media following, added: “Ethan had an addiction and addiction should not be shamed. I’m openly discussing his cause of death to save the next kid. He was so bright and so smart. He needed to live. He was more than his demons and you all are to. Please get help. Call 1-800-662-4357.”
In a string of heartbreaking tweets, Ava spoke out about how addiction had affected her friend.
She wrote: “Addiction is a disease. I had to pull Ethan aside in recent weeks and have talks with him about his usage. Everyone close to him was scared. I just wish I f**king tried harder I f**king wish I yelled at him more I wish I didn’t enable a single pill he popped.
“Snap your friends out of it before it’s to late. Get your friends REAL help before it’s to late. Ethan told me a week ago he wanted help…I wish I forced him I wish I yelled at him. I f**king wish I didn’t let him do pills in front of me. This pain is insane.
“If anyone talks negatively about my friend and his actions over the past year he was battling addiction. If anyone has anything negative to say about addiction I will come for you with a vengeance. Speak positively of Ethan. He was an artist & inspiration. So talented.”
She added: “Ethan was well liked and well respected in the beauty industry. About a year ago he turned to drugs due to the pressure of being famous online at such a young age. He became problematic recently due to drug induced mania. He’s a good f**king person. He didn’t deserve to die.”
“He wanted nothing but to inspire, make people laugh and push the boundaries of what is acceptable in our world for all young people. He was [a] kind soul, who accepted everyone for who they were.”